CWCF Project Grants: Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the Centre Wellington Community Foundation?
The Centre Wellington Community Foundation (CWCF) is a public, charitable foundation created by and for the people of Centre Wellington. Our mission is to strengthen the Centre Wellington community by helping donors achieve their giving goals and helping local Registered Charities and non-profit organizations partnering with registered Charities find resources to support their important work.
2. What are the CWCF Project Grants?
CWCF Project Grants provide grants (up to $1,500) to registered charitable organizations serving Centre Wellington. The project must directly impact the citizens of Centre Wellington.
3. When do the projects need to take place?
CWCF Project Grants are good for one year. Projects will need to be completed by May 31, 2023.
4. Who can apply for CWCF Project Grants?
All grant applicants must either be a registered charity or partner with another organization that is a registered charity. Please contact us if you have any questions about this, email@example.com.
5. What kind of projects will be funded?
Grants for 2022 should support projects that better our community and should address one of the six theme areas from our Vital Signs 2019 report. CWCF produces its Centre Wellington Vital Signs report to identify potential areas to guide our funding decisions.
6. When is the deadline?
CWCF Project Grants application program opens on April 1, 2022.
The deadline for submitting applications is April 29, 2022, 5:00 PM.
7. When will we find out if our application was successful?
Grant decisions will be made in May and announced in early June 2022. All applicants will be contacted at that time. Public announcements about the grants are usually made at our Annual Public Meeting in June. We will decide how to do this in 2022 and announce it closer to the date. We ask that a representative of organizations receiving grants attend.
8. Will we have to report on how we used the funds?
Yes, as part of being accountable to our donors, we will require a short report (text, pictures, participant quotes, numbers, etc.) on how your organization used the grant and how it supported your organization’s goals. Details on reporting will be discussed with successful applicants.
9. If our application is successful, do we have to acknowledge the funding source for our project and project-related materials?
Yes, you can download an electronic version of our logo to use on your project and related materials. By raising awareness about the Foundation through the creative and meaningful projects supported by Project Grants, we can build a stronger foundation that can, in turn, help to build a stronger community. The guidelines and logo are covered under the Grant Recognition page on our website, located under “Granting.”
10. Our organization received a CWCF Project Grant before; can we apply for another grant in 2022?
11. Project Grants are not meant for:
Core funding, deficit reduction, political or religious activities, fundraising campaigns, retroactive funding.
12. If I have a need outside of the granting period, do I have to wait until the next deadline to apply?
No. The CWCF Project Grants deadline allows us to best match available funds with requests. However, we are always willing to consider special requests. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-888-713-4083.
13. Can I talk to someone at CWCF about my idea and my application before submitting?
Absolutely! We encourage you to contact us about your idea before submitting your final grant application. You can either send an email to email@example.com or call our number at 1-888-713-4083 (please leave a message, and we will return your call as soon as possible). You can also review this FAQ on our website and download it from HERE.
14. Is there a public information event to help understand the granting process and ask questions?
Yes, we are holding such an evening on March 14, 2022, at 7:00 PM. The event is free, and we ask that you register HERE.
Thank you for your interest in CWCF Project Grants
We look forward to hearing from you!