≡ Menu

CW MEN WHO CARE

The Centre Wellington Community Foundation wants to thank Curt Hammond for his leadership in starting this new giving initiative for men in Centre Wellington.

May 2021 Event #4: Lets Pitch!

Hello Centre Wellington Men Who Care, 

May is here and that means it is time for event #4. Mark your calendars for our Zoom on Thursday, May 27 at/21 at 7 pm. 

If you have signed up already all you need to do is head over to Canada Helps and drop in your credit card details. We also need your help to nominate a charity you would like to see pitch us that night. 

Do you know what else we need? More men! Who are you going to invite to join us? Pass this link on to someone you think would want to be part of the fun. 

You know the routine and format for our call.  We will invite three CW-based charities to make a 5-minute pitch on our Zoom outlining what impact they could make with our donations. After the last pitch, we electrically vote and celebrate our winner.

Our meeting is a little unique from others thanks to our partnership with the Centre Wellington Community Foundation (CWCF). The Foundation will cut the winning organization a cheque for 75% right after the event. The other 25% will stay in the “CW Men Who Care” Fund at the foundation. These funds will continue to grow and enable granting long into the future. 

We want to be completely inclusive with our members and giving. CW Men Who Care is open to anyone who identities as male and we want to see at least 50 of us on the call this month. If you can give $100, please do. If you can give $10 that is equally great. Our goal is to build a community of local men who have a quarterly habit of giving.

We also have a 5 min window at the start of our meeting to invite an organization to share some of the good work they are doing in our community. This CANNOT be an ask for money but can be a request for time or other support. This is a great chance for a group to get some attention for their good work. Last meeting we had an update from Public Health. Who should join us this time? Drop me a note here

You can make our event a success. Here’s how:

  • Get over to Canada Helps and make your gift
  • Invite two friends to join us by filling in this form
  • Drop Curt a note to nominate a charity and suggest a group that should have 5 min of our agenda to tell us about their good work (nominations close May 17)
  • Join our Zoom on May 27 at 7 pm. We will be done by 8. 

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89444649116?pwd=NHFaRXRYdkVTa2JIcmxNL0lYakUxUT09

Meeting ID: 894 4464 9116 Passcode: 077724


February 2021 Event #3: Let the Pitches begin!

Hello Centre Wellington Men Who Care, 

With February approaching it is time to connect again for our quarterly meeting. Mark your calendars for a Zoom call on Thursday, February 25/21 at 7 pm. 

Although we will be meeting online, we want to get into the traditional people-who-care meeting format where charities pitch the crowd and the audience votes who takes the big prize! For our meeting on February 25th, we will invite three CW based charities to make a 5-minute pitch on our Zoom outlining what impact they could make with the money. After the last pitch, we will electrically vote on the winner! 

Our CW people-who-care meeting is unique from others thanks to our partnership with the Centre Wellington Community Foundation (CWCF). The Foundation will cut the winning organization a cheque for 75% right after the event. The other 25% will stay in the “CW Men Who Care” Fund at the foundation. These funds will continue to grow and enable granting long into the future.  Your money is making short and long term impact! #WinWin

To formalize our distribution list, we are asking everyone who wants to join us to fill in this form. While you are registering you can nominate a charity you would like to see pitch us that night. You will also find a link to Canada Helps so you can make your gift then and there. Then all you have to do is join Zoom and vote! 

We want to be completely inclusive with our giving and have as many people join our movement. CW Men Who Care is open to any who identities as male and we want to see at least 50 of us on the call this month. If you can give $100, please do. If you can give $10 that is equally great. Regardless of your gift size, your generosity will make a difference! Our goal is to build a community of local men who have a quarterly habit of giving.

Here is your to-do list:

  • Follow this link to register and nominate a charity to pitch to us (charity nominations welcome until Feb 5
  • Get over to Canada Helps and make your gift
  • Invite two friends to do the same
  • Join our Zoom Gathering on Feb 25 at 7 pm. We will be done by 8. 

Meeting ID: 880 3598 9642 | Passcode: 358928

Thanks for the support. We look forward to seeing you on the 25th and in-person one day soon.

September/October 2020

Hello Centre Wellington Men Who Care,

I hope your fall is off to a good start and if you have family going back to school that transition has gone smoothly.

I am writing about our CW Men Who Care Event #2. Thank you all for making our first (virtual) session last May a success. Shall we do it again? All in favour, raise your hands! Motion carried.

Event #2 will be online again. While I love the idea of connecting and having a bevy with you all, we will save that for some time in the future. #WearAMask #WashThoseHands. Recognizing the needs in our community are only going to grow as we transition phases of the pandemic, we will once again make our donations to the Centre Wellington Community Foundation (CWCF) COVID-19 fund.

Here is our plan for CW Men Who Care #2

  1. Between now and noon on Wed October 7 we are asking everyone who identifies as male in Centre Wellington to make a donation to the CWCF COVID relief fund. CLICK HERE to make your gift and get your charitable receipt right away. Please add CW MEN Who Care” in the message box.
  2. Share this invite to get your network involved. I challenge each of us to find 2 new men to invite to join us and make a gift by Oct 7.
  3. On Wed Oct 7 at 7 pm, plan on joining a little Zoom gathering hosted by yours truly. We will have a quick overview of CW Men Who Care and then invite Raymond Soucy, the executive Director from the CWCF to give us an update on the COVID fund and how our giving has supported it. We will also hear from one of the charities that received funds from the foundation this spring. Set aside 30 minutes of your evening. I promised our call will be fun, informative and brief.

We want to be as inclusive with our giving as possible and have as many people join our movement. If you can give $100, please do. If you can give $10 that is equally great. Our goal is to build a community of men who have a quarterly habit of giving. A reminder that 25% of all funds given to the CW Men Who Care stay in the foundation to grow with their other funds. Your generous gift will have an immediate and long-term impact. #Magic

In summary, here is your to-do list:

  1. Make a gift today
  2. Invite two friends to do the same
  3. Join our Zoom update on Oct 7 at 7 pm. (Login deets to follow)

Thanks for the support. I look forward to seeing you all in person one day soon.

Cheers,

Curt

One of many CW Men Who Care

May, 2020

Hello Centre Wellington men, 

Before COVID, I had started making plans to get a CW Men Who Care started, inspired by what was happening in Guelph and our local 100 CW Women Who Care. The idea of getting together four times a year to have a cold bevie and give money to local charity seems like fun and a good thing to do. I had been in touch with the Centre Wellington Community Foundation and made plans to run all our givings through them. Everything was lining up quite nicely for a big launch and then, well, you know, the pandemic. Big pause.

On this Giving Tuesday however, it occurs to me that we don’t have to wait for our social distancing to end to get this moving. Turns out, this internet can do more than just streaming Netflix! And seeing as the Community Foundation has set up a COVID Relief fund to help local charities take action that is needed today, I think we can get CW Men Who Care up and running virtually. Are you in? It is super easy and you can be a part of it right now.

Here’s my ask to all men in Centre Wellington on Giving Tuesday (May 5) 2020. 

  1. Go to the CW Community Foundation page at Canada Helps.ca
  2. Click on the COVID fund link and make your donation to support local relief work. A gift of $100 would be great, but whatever you can do is welcome and appreciated.
  3. In addition to all the other info requested, in the message box at the top, add “Pass my name onto Curt.”  This will give the Foundation permission to pass your name and email on to me so I can reach out when we are ready to have our (next) CW Men Who Care meeting (in person, maybe). 
  4. Fill in your info, hit submit, and you are in! You’ve joined the coolest and newest club in town, and you are doing something important for our community. #WinWin. Bonus: you will be able to do it again soon, hopefully in person. 

Please share this widely TODAY in our community with all the men you know. This is a chance for us to be part of building a stronger Centre Wellington. Let’s see how many gifts we can make. A collective challenge: I will double my gift if we can get to 50 donors by noon on Friday. GO!