The Centre Wellington Community Foundation wants to thank Curt Hammond for his leadership in starting this new giving initiative for men in Centre Wellington.
Hello Centre Wellington Men Who Care,
I hope your fall is off to a good start and if you have family going back to school that transition has gone smoothly.
I am writing about our CW Men Who Care Event #2. Thank you all for making our first (virtual) session last May a success. Shall we do it again? All in favour, raise your hands! Motion carried.
Event #2 will be online again. While I love the idea of connecting and having a bevy with you all, we will save that for some time in the future. #WearAMask #WashThoseHands. Recognizing the needs in our community are only going to grow as we transition phases of the pandemic, we will once again make our donations to the Centre Wellington Community Foundation (CWCF) COVID-19 fund.
Here is our plan for CW Men Who Care #2
- Between now and noon on Wed October 7 we are asking everyone who identifies as male in Centre Wellington to make a donation to the CWCF COVID relief fund. CLICK HERE to make your gift and get your charitable receipt right away. Please add “CW MEN Who Care” in the message box.
- Share this invite to get your network involved. I challenge each of us to find 2 new men to invite to join us and make a gift by Oct 7.
- On Wed Oct 7 at 7 pm, plan on joining a little Zoom gathering hosted by yours truly. We will have a quick overview of CW Men Who Care and then invite Raymond Soucy, the executive Director from the CWCF to give us an update on the COVID fund and how our giving has supported it. We will also hear from one of the charities that received funds from the foundation this spring. Set aside 30 minutes of your evening. I promised our call will be fun, informative and brief.
We want to be as inclusive with our giving as possible and have as many people join our movement. If you can give $100, please do. If you can give $10 that is equally great. Our goal is to build a community of men who have a quarterly habit of giving. A reminder that 25% of all funds given to the CW Men Who Care stay in the foundation to grow with their other funds. Your generous gift will have an immediate and long-term impact. #Magic
In summary, here is your to-do list:
- Make a gift today
- Invite two friends to do the same
- Join our Zoom update on Oct 7 at 7 pm. (Login deets to follow)
Thanks for the support. I look forward to seeing you all in person one day soon.
One of many CW Men Who Care
Hello Centre Wellington men,
Before COVID, I had started making plans to get a CW Men Who Care started, inspired by what was happening in Guelph and our local 100 CW Women Who Care. The idea of getting together four times a year to have a cold bevie and give money to local charity seems like fun and a good thing to do. I had been in touch with the Centre Wellington Community Foundation and made plans to run all our givings through them. Everything was lining up quite nicely for a big launch and then, well, you know, the pandemic. Big pause.
On this Giving Tuesday however, it occurs to me that we don’t have to wait for our social distancing to end to get this moving. Turns out, this internet can do more than just streaming Netflix! And seeing as the Community Foundation has set up a COVID Relief fund to help local charities take action that is needed today, I think we can get CW Men Who Care up and running virtually. Are you in? It is super easy and you can be a part of it right now.
Here’s my ask to all men in Centre Wellington on Giving Tuesday (May 5) 2020.
- Go to the CW Community Foundation page at Canada Helps.ca
- Click on the COVID fund link and make your donation to support local relief work. A gift of $100 would be great, but whatever you can do is welcome and appreciated.
- In addition to all the other info requested, in the message box at the top, add “Pass my name onto Curt.” This will give the Foundation permission to pass your name and email on to me so I can reach out when we are ready to have our (next) CW Men Who Care meeting (in person, maybe).
- Fill in your info, hit submit, and you are in! You’ve joined the coolest and newest club in town, and you are doing something important for our community. #WinWin. Bonus: you will be able to do it again soon, hopefully in person.
Please share this widely TODAY in our community with all the men you know. This is a chance for us to be part of building a stronger Centre Wellington. Let’s see how many gifts we can make. A collective challenge: I will double my gift if we can get to 50 donors by noon on Friday. GO!